General Shop Policies
- Only respectful behavior is allowed. Stealing, cursing, degrading
speech, and other disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
Violators will be banned from the shop.
- Drug use and smoking are strictly prohibited at all times.
Consumption of alcohol is prohibited without special permission
from the advisory board.
- No one is allowed in the work area without prior acknowledgment
from the shop manager.
- All patrons under the age of 16 must complete a skills
development session with a volunteer prior to working in shop.
- All patrons 16 years or older must present an ID which will be
held by Community Bikes while the patron is working in the shop.
- Anyone participating in the Build-a-Bike program must fill out an
application prior to beginning work. Work must be completed
within two months.
- Tools are shared and must be returned to their proper location
immediately after use. Work stations must be cleaned after use
including all waste created.
- No riding bikes inside the shop.
- All bike work will stop 15 minutes prior to shop closing to allow
- All metal, glass, plastic, cardboard, and old tubes are recycled.
Use the appropriate recycling bins for these items.
- The shop is not responsible for lost or stolen items. PLEASE LOCK
YOUR BIKE, HELMET, and anything else you value. Do not bring
large sums of cash, electronics, laptops, etc. to the shop. Please
store your personal items in the space provided.